Required for All Projects:
- Parent or Troop Leader signature required, stating each of the following items have been viewed/read:
- Take online quiz
- Choose ONE Activity Badge Project Option or design your own Eagle Scout Project
- Radon at Home
- Test your home for radon by following guidelines outlined in the test kit directions
- Read through "The Citizen's Guide for Radon" with parents and discuss results found at www.epa.gov/radon/pdfs/citizensguide.pdf
- Discuss your project, general radon information, test results, and where to purchase a test kit with neighbors or family members
- Shadow a Radon Professional
- Work with a radon measurement or mitigation professional while they're either performing a radon measurement or installing a mitigation system
- Write a 1-page paper documenting interview questions and answers throughout shadowing process
- Poster Contest/Radon Summary (Age 9 - 14 only)
- Video Contest (Age 14 - 18 only)
- 3-Panel Display
- Design a 3-panel display including photos, graphics, and literature about radon
- Set-up display in a public location, including school, library, church, etc.
- Research Paper
- Write a 2-page, double-spaced summary (noting sources) of one of the following topics: Stanley Watras, Radon Measurement, Radon Mitigation, or Illinois Radon Program.
Radon Activity Badge Program Reporting Form
The reporting form will be used by the ALAIL and Boy Scouts to keep record of participation and patch orders. Please return to the ALAIL and Boy Scouts once the project is completed. Download the Reporting Form HERE.